Along with clearing the energy from the last year and setting goals for the year ahead, the new year is also a time where I have to do a deep dive into analytics for my business. Taking a look at what content performed the best, along with what products you’re purchasing from my recommendations, is always helpful as I’m starting to plan for the coming months.
I’ve never done a blog post recapping my research, as it’s typically just for my planning purposes, but lately I’ve seen a few blogger friends post their “top products” from the year and I’ve found it fascinating! So I, too, pulled together a comprehensive list of reader favorites from my blog and Instagram over the past year! These are the top products that you clicked, bought, and (hopefully!) loved based on my recommendations.
2019 Reader Favorites
1. Indigo Rd Combat Boots | It was a very close tie with #1 & #2, but THE combat boots took the lead! (If you know, you know.) These are so affordable, and I’ve still been wearing them this fall and winter. Luckily DSW brought them back again this year if you want to check them out!
2. Kenneth Cole Sandals | I’ve worn these to countless weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, and even as a bridesmaid three different times! They’re the perfect heel height to give you a lift, but they’re easy to wear all night long. If you can track down your size, I highly recommend! (They’re also on sale in black suede!) — But a funny story on how these made the list this year… An Instagram follower found a crazy sale at Macy’s and I saw her DM about it with only an hour until the ending time (midnight on a Saturday night)… I figured I’d share on Instagram Stories just in case anyone was on their phone because the deal was too good to pass up. I think they were marked down to $40 or $50?! (Yes, I bought a second pair since I had worn my first pair into the ground over the previous two years!) Turns out, A LOT of you were on your phones. 😂 The stories coming in had me dying laughing… “I just snuck out of bed to place this order.” “My husband thought our credit card got compromised because there was a Macy’s charge in the middle of the night.” — The promo code ended up working for a few hours past midnight, but Macy’s / Kenneth Cole ended up cancelling A LOT of your orders because of the demand influx at such a low price, which was definitely a bummer. Had all of those orders not been cancelled, these would have for sure been #1.
3. Nespresso VertuoPlus Machine | I mean, are you surprised? I’ve been singing my Nespresso machine’s praises for six years now… Can’t imagine starting the morning without it!
5. Jade Roller | I don’t know if I’ve actually ever even mentioned my Jade Roller on the blog, but I did a tutorial on Instagram Stories in the spring explaining how I use it! (It’s still saved to my highlights if you scroll far enough!) I still use mine regularly to de-puff my face.
6. Steve Madden Booties | I was shocked to see these on the list, but I bought them early in the fall and have been wearing and re-wearing them for months on end! (You can see them here, here, here, and here.) Before I ordered them, I was intimidated by the heel height, but they don’t feel as tall as they are when you have them on. I’ve worn them for extended periods of time and have walked a while in them and haven’t had a problem! But a note on sizing: You MUST size up at least a half size! They run very small and narrow. I’m usually a true 8.5 and got a 9 in these and they’re snug.
7. Apres Ski Sweatshirt | Sadly, this one has been sold out since last winter! Linking a few similar styles that are super cute if you missed out last year and want to recreate the look…
8. Gucci Belt | I got my Gucci belt two years ago and while it was most definitely a big purchase, I think I’ve definitely gotten my money out of it by this point! I’ve probably worn it close to 100 times. (For tips on sizing, see this post!)
9. Serena & Lily Counter Stools | You can see them in my current kitchen here, and in my old kitchen here! I’ve had these for 4.5 years and they’ve help up SO well. And even after so many years, I still love the look.
10. Citizens of Humanity Jeans | Another cost-per-wear that’s probably down to the pennies! These are hands-down my favorite pair of jeans. I wear them non-stop… With booties, sneakers, sandals, sweaters, tees, moto jackets, teddy coats, you name it. They make every outfit look instantly cooler, I swear. I LOVE THEM!
12. Lumify Redness Drops | I did a whole post about these drops, but I still use them every single day! They make *such* a difference. So much so that I’d probably say they’re the #1 product in my makeup bag… I honestly think I’d choose these over mascara or concealer for looking more awake.
14. Target High-Waisted Gingham Swimsuit | This one is sadly sold out, but it was such a great Target find! I’ll definitely be keeping my eye on our beloved Tarjay for any cute suits again this spring.
15. Tufted Upholstered Bed | It’s kind of funny that this one is on the list because I posted my bedroom decor back in 2016, but that post is still pretty popular on Pinterest! And I have to admit, I was skeptical to purchase that bed on Wayfair back in 2015, but here we are, 4.5 years later, and I still absolutely love it! You can’t beat the quality for the price… It’s still feels like new!
Would love to hear if you like this type of post or not, or how you’re liking any of these items if you purchased them! xx jrs