There are two parts to today’s post, my friends… 1. My new pink suitcase (that’s a collaboration with my favorite photographer, Gray Malin!) and 2. My Travel Bucket List! We’re always talking about places that I’ve been and my recommendations here on the blog, but I thought it could be fun to switch it up and talk about the places that I’m still dying to go and maybe get some of your recommendations, too. Let’s get to it, shall we?!
First, let’s chat about this Away suitcase! I’ve been lusting over the Away suitcases ever since they took social media by storm a year or two ago. I’ve popped into their gorgeous store in Soho in New York City and I’ve had a piece of their hard-sided charing luggage on my wish list ever since! I have a few friends, both girls and guys, that swear by them, too. But since I splurged on an expensive suitcase set a few years ago, I was holding off until I actually needed a new one.
So I’m sure you can imagine how giddy I was a few weeks ago when Away reached out and shared a little sneak peak at their newest collaboration with Gray Malin! I’ve been obsessed with Gray’s work for years and equally as obsessed with him and his husband after meeting them both in Montauk last summer. (Remember how it took me, like, two years to decide on which print of his I wanted to hang above my couch?!)
This suitcase came like clockwork! I had just gotten back from London a day and a half later than expected and both of existing bags were fully packed. I decided to still go to Austin at the last minute and this suitcase was delivered while I was gone… Couldn’t have planned it better if I tried. It was the perfect time to test it out!
The coolest part about the Away Carry-Ons are the built-in charging ports. I didn’t realize it until I was playing around with it, but the charging pack is actually removable, too! (Oh, and FYI: it comes almost fully charged! I didn’t have time to charge it before I left and I was so pleasantly surprised at the airport when I realized it had some juice in it.)
But you guys, the inside! The luggage lining is printed with Gray’s aerial photography and it’s so, so good.
The Away x Gray Malin collection is available in three colors, in all four sizes! I have the Coral color and it’s lined with sunbathers at Bondi Beach. Ocean is a soft blue featuring paddleboarders on the coast of Rio de Janeiro and Alpine is a crisp white with skiers on the slopes of Whistler.
It took me forever to decide which color combination I liked best (I’m decisive, I swear!), but I ultimately settled on this bright, warm pink color. Could it be any cuter?!
As we all know, I travel a lot! And I’m pretty particular about (most things) but especially so when it comes to packing and luggage. I really can’t get over how good this suitcase is, especially for the price! (A fraction of what my other ones cost… Kicking myself for that.) Expensive doesn’t always mean better… The quality of this suitcase blows my other suitcases out of the water. Honestly!
The first thing I noticed when I picked up the box from my doorman was how light it was. I knew a suitcase was inside from the label, but it really didn’t feel like it. It’s *super* lightweight! And I don’t know how to describe it, but it wheels/glides so well. I never realized that my other suitcases weren’t that smooth until I used this one! It’s kind of crazy.
In addition to the removable charging port (only comes in the carry-on sizes, FYI), the Away suitcases come with a nylon laundry bag that folds right into the lining when you aren’t using it. (And yes, mine is Gray Malin printed to match the lining. #ChicAF)
The website describes and demonstrates the interior features better than I can, but I will say, it’s a *very* thoughtfully laid out design, that’s on par with how I pack. (Clothing on one side, accessories and toiletries on the other.) The compression strap on the clothes side really does work! Like I mentioned before, I had about 30 minutes to pack for Austin and I basically just threw all of my summer clothing into the suitcase and buckled that baby down.
PS: Away has a 100 day free trial and they’ll fix your suitcase for life if it cracks or if the wheels, handle, or zippers break!
Get the Look…
Away x Gray Malin Luggage (I have The Bigger Carry-On in Coral!)
Packed Party Confetti Luggage Tag
Minnie & Emma Monogrammed iPhone Case
Old Navy Open-Front Sweater
Old Navy Tee
Old Navy Rockstar Jeans
Adidias Originals Stan Smith Sneakers
Lancel Pia Bag
And now for my travel bucket list! I feel like the list of places I want to go is never-ending… At times, it even feels overwhelming. So much to see, so little time! And sometimes I fall into the trap of just wanting to go somewhere that’s familiar. (Which is usually Paris, let’s be honest!)
But in an effort to turn some ideas into plans, I thought it would be kind of fun to put together a list of my top trips that I want to take!
- Japan in the Springtime | I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’ve been reminiscing on my trip to Japan last November, but I can’t get Japan out of my head lately. (I’ve been working on sifting through all of my Japan content to finally post on the blog, so stay tuned for that in the coming weeks!) I went during the peak fall time… the foliage was out of this world! But I’m dying to go back during the spring and see all of the cherry blossoms in bloom. I’ll touch on this more in the future, but I was blown away by how much I fell in love with Japan. I cannot wait to go back!
- Australia | I have a few good friends that are Australian and I can’t wait to see the place they call home! From Melbourne to Sydney, it’s going to be a long trip when I do make it there. Hallie and I have been tossing around the idea of going in February… We’ll see if it pans out! If not in 2018, hopefully 2019. (Melbourne’s weather is similar to London’s and since they’re in the southern hemisphere, this is supposed to be the best time to go!)
- Ibiza | I haven’t been to Spain, but Ibiza has been calling my name for the past few years! I’d love to visit Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, and Majorca while I’m there, too. Maybe this coming summer?!
- Greece | I’m dying to go to Mykonos, but similarly to Croatia, I want to explore quite a few of the islands to get a taste of how they have their own personality. Santorini and Athens are obviously at the top of my list… But any other islands you’d recommend?!
- South of France | Well this is just the DREAM TRIP. I’d love to spend some time in Provence (#RoséAllDay) and along the coast, too… Saint Tropez, Nice, Antibes, Cannes, Eze, Monaco, etc. (Check out this guide and this guide, Lauren just did a similar trip!)
- Italy | I’ve been to the Amalfi Coast, Rome, and Florence, but there are so many more places I’m lusting over visiting. Lake Como, Capri, Bologna, Venice, Milan… The list goes on and on.
- Charleston | You guys, I can’t believe I’ve never been to Charleston. It needs to happen, I have no excuse! This winter when I need a little escape from the bitter cold?!
I could go on and on… The UK and English countryside, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Maldives, Morocco, South Africa, Germany, more places in Switzerland, Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, South America, Alaska in the summertime, Copenhagen, Austria, Vermont, Maine, Tulum, Quebec, Bali, Montreal, Seoul, Dubai, all over the Caribbean… The list truly never ends!
Have you been to any of these places? I’d love to hear your recommendations and tips you might have!
I’d also love to hear what your travel bucket list looks like! Where are you dying to go to next?!
Please note that I graciously accepted this suitcase as a gift from Away, but I am not being compensated to post about it! I’m just passionate about making travel easier and love to share a good thing when I find it. xx