It’s the first *official* day of spring and I couldn’t be more excited! It was snowing last week and Chicago definitely won’t feel like spring for quite a few more weeks, but we’re making progress people. I’m so ready for bright blooms, lighter layers, longer days, and more sunshine!
Green (on Wells in Old Town) is one of my favorite flower stops in Chicago… I got these giant, vibrant peonies last spring and I can’t wait to see what they get in this year!
In addition to picking out peonies, here are a few more things on a my seasonal to-do list…
1. Cleaning out my closets
2. Infusing my water with fruit (lemons, strawberries, etc.)
3. Baking a few seasonal desserts, like lemon bars, key lime pie, and strawberry cheesecake.
4. Running along the lake
5. Reading a book outside
6. Eating lunch outside in the sunshine
7. Having a picnic
8. Go to the botanical gardens
9. Go to the farmer’s market when it opens in May
10. Get back into the routine of regular pedicures
11. Pick up some pretty new dresses
12. Go through all of my magazines that piled up over the winter
13. Switch my closet over from cold to warm weather
14. Buy a little lemon tree for my apartment
15. Drive with the sunroof open whenever I can
What are some of your favorite things to do in the spring?!
Get the Look…
Tommy Hilfiger Striped Shirt (old; similar here & here!)
Rag & Bone Jeans
Kate Spade Pumps
Julie Vos Necklace
Tommy Hilfiger Bucket Bag (old; similar here, here, & here!)
Tom Ford Sunglasses (old; similar splurge & similar steal!)