Happy Friday, friends! I had a week that was pretty standard on the calendar (a few PT sessions for the stress fracture situation, got my taxes done, lots of work, a date, some spring cleaning around my apartment, etc.), but internally, I actually had a really interesting week. I’m not sure I can even put it into words… The last few weeks, really. It’s been one of those times where I can’t help but smile and laugh thinking about how life has a funny way of working itself out, you know? I surely don’t have it all figured out, but I keep getting little hints and nudges that remind me to trust the timing of my life and that I’m right where I’m supposed to be. While things are far from perfect (actually quite messy and kind of f*cked up, to be totally honest), I’m finding joy by knowing I’m on the right path. Sounds kind of ‘out there’ or deep for a Friday, but that’s where I’m at!
I’ve got a fun-filled few days ahead… Between celebrating the birthday of one of my besties and some of my favorite people visiting from out of town, it’s going to be a good one even though it’s feeling like winter again in Chitown. Hope the weekend is just as special for you! xx
1. Okay let’s first start with this… I was driving back to Chicago on Monday afternoon and listening to some podcasts instead of music to switch things up a bit. I snapchatted that I actually pulled the car over to listen more intently because my mind was seriously freaking BLOWN! Everyone was asking what I was listening to and the answer was a bit more complex than just a simple episode… So here goes my best explanation: I was listening to Goal Digger by Jenna Kutcher and she was interviewing Jess Lively of The Lively Show. (I already subscribe to both of their podcasts, so I was super interested in the two chatting together!) But later in the episode, Jess starts talking about her most recent research with quantum mechanics and then I got listening to those episodes from her podcast. In a nut shell, it’s all about the law of attraction. I’ve read The Secret a few times and I’m a big fan of You Are a Badass so these principles were by no means new to me, but I don’t know… Something just *clicked* in the car that day. Kind of life-changing, to be totally honest. Here’s the order I’d recommend listening to them in… This one on Goal Digger then this one on The Lively Show, followed by this one. If you have an open mind for this kind of thing, I highly recommend you take the time to listen to these podcasts this weekend! And LMK what you think, if you do! Also, I’d be so grateful if you have any other podcast recommendations… Send them my way in the comments below or shoot me an email.
2. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Forever 21 actually has a ton of cute shoes right now! Some of my favorite pairs of summer sandals have been super affordable finds over the years. It’s a great place to pick up some trendier items that you aren’t sure you want to invest in or not, as well as a great place to grab some sandals that you aren’t afraid to ruin at the beach or pool. Festival shoes, too! Here are some favorites…
4. Have you downloaded the new LikeToKnowIt app yet?! The technology is amazing… You can shop your screenshots from all over the mobile web!
5. This one can be tricky, especially when you factor in things like moving to a new city, being self-employed, working from home, etc. Loved my friend Danielle’s tips… Making New Friends as an Adult
6. Love these two classic investment pieces on Mackenzie!
7. Holy fuck. Excuse my language, but I think I literally said that out loud when I read this. I’m not even going to say anything else, but this… You must read this open letter from Chrissy Teigen on Glamour.
Okay, I’ll say something else… I cried reading this. Not like sobbing, but tears rolled out of my eyes. Celebs, they’re just like us. Kidding, but I can’t help but think of that Us Weekly section. (Or, what used to be an Us Weekly section… Haven’t bought the magazine in, like, nine years.) Anyway, I’m so glad she’s opening up about this and it makes me like her even more. I’m all for heading in the direction where the stigma is lifted in regards to mental health!
8. I found my favorite BaubleBar earrings back in stock!
10. This blush pink suede jacket?! SO GOOD! 💕 Under $200, too.
12. I fell in love with so many new feminine frocks at Nordstrom!
13. Our favorite setting powders now come in a trio set for a great price! These seriously last FOREVER so the smaller travel sizes actually seem smarter.
15. Stripes, ruffles, navy, one-shoulder, and only $35… *adds to cart*