Just me, or was this a crazy week?! Crazy in a really fun way, though! Even though it’s freezing, it seems like everyone has a little bit of spring fever… I was out and about most of the week, which was a welcomed change of pace. On Wednesday night, my friends at The Everygirl had their five-year anniversary party and I got to catch up with so many of my favorite ladies in the city. I grabbed drinks with my friend Ali on Thursday night and also got to sample Olive Garden’s new lower calorie menu at an awesome space in the West Loop. (Sidenote: It was possibly the coolest brand activation I’ve ever been to in my last six years of blogging. And the food was great, too — You’d never know it was lighter than the OG we know and love.) Anyway, I’ve got a work date today at Soho House, drinks tonight for a friend who’s moving to SF, and celebrating another friend’s birthday tomorrow. Sunday will be a day of rest, let me tell ya!
Here’s what I found this week and wanted to share… The list is pretty lengthy. Enjoy and have a great weekend, friends! xo
1. If you’re planning a trip to Iceland, you definitely need to bookmark these posts from Diana! She visited in June and I’m so jealous of her weather.. The sunny blue skies make her photos so much prettier! (It was grey and kind of misting 98% of the time we were there in March… haha) She also touched on a lot of great things we didn’t have time for… Enjoy! Reykjavik | Ring Road | Golden Circle | Horseback Riding
2. Another travel guide! After reading about Mackenzie’s trip to Finland, it’s on my list of places to go. (And I’m pretty sure I need that Moncler coat, too!)
3. I wish I could say my 300 sq-ft studio in NYC was this chic! Great tips for living in a small space, too.
4. Loved this peek into Julia’s home in Charleston! I can’t wait to see what they do with the renovations… It sounds like it will be a dream!
5. This podcast on The Lively Show was a real eye-opener about seeking external approval.
6. Bookmarking this smoothie bowl recipe!
7. My skincare wish list is a mile long right now… This night cream, this renewing oil, this whole new line (especially the overnight detox oil and AM & PM serum…), this clearing mask, this ‘holy grail of face oils,’ and this new tinted moisturizer! Super intrigued by this face oil, too.
8. I once had a facial at Sisley in NYC (thanks to a lovely gift card!) and it was one of my favorite skincare experiences to date. Their products are pretty pricey, but were so fabulous from the samples I got to take home with me. Currently considering this mask because a) I love masks and b) rose is my favorite scent and c) it has stellar reviews. Are there any Sisley products you’ve tried and loved?!
10. Jenni from I Spy DIY has a pilot premiering on HGTV… Can’t wait to watch it!
11. I absolutely love the look of those classic Hermes leather slides, but they’re obviously on the pricey side. If you’re not feeling spendy, I found this pair for $80 that looks similar, but not *too* similar.
14. This article on the Pomodoro method (managing your time and avoiding multi-tasking) was super interesting to me! I want to give it a try this coming week. Before I read this article, I had been thinking a lot about the concept of work days and work weeks and kind of laughing how I sometimes try to fit myself into this typical 9-to-5 mold. (This thought came to me while I was waiting in the long-ass, after-work line at Whole Foods on Monday night, kicking myself for not going during the day, which would have actually saved me time.) I’m trying to be more flexible with my schedule (I realize I’m so fortunate to have the ability to do so!), and working at times/days that feel right for me, versus when I feel like I should be working. I almost always spend time working on the weekends, so if I feel like not sitting down at my computer until noon on Monday, that’s what I’m going to do. (And I’m going to try to not feel guilty about it…)
15. I wore a similar style to these sandals all spring, summer, and fall last year! Mine had a slight heel, but I’m loving how these are flat. (I’ll be taking *all* of the ankle precautions when I’m able to use both of my feet again.) I ordered them in all three colors (obsessed with the navy!) to see how they look.
17. I think these perforated blush sneakers are super cute, too! I’m picturing them with cut-off jean shorts and a striped tee.
18. Bookmarking Grace’s London recommendations for my upcoming trip in April!
19. Speaking of planning a trip, here’s how Merritt plans her trips from start to finish! (She basically planned our entire trip to Japan since I was in Europe… She’s a planning rockstar. And I’m pretty sure we’re going to be traveling together again next month, this time somewhere warm! Cannot wait.)
21. If this video doesn’t get you pumped up, I don’t know what will. It’s pretty intense, I was scared at some points and also laughing at others. It’s spot-on though… Bookmark this one for Monday morning!
22. One last thing… I really want to go on some sort of wellness retreat this year… Do you have any suggestions?! Would love to hear, I really have no idea where to start! Miraval and Sedona Mago are the only places on my list so far.
PS: Another little sneak peak at my apartment in the photo above! Here’s where you can find the pieces…
Rattan Chair (also comes in black and is so effing chic.) | I had the cushion reupholstered with this striped fabric. | Palm Print Pillow | Sheepskin Rug | Hat on the Wall | Wanderlust Print (super old from Kate Spade… similar styles in the widget below!)