Blush Ballerina

When I saw this skirt at L. Mae Boutique, I did a not-so-little happy dance. I have been searching and searching (and searching some more) for an affordable blush ballerina skirt! You won’t even believe me when I tell you how much this one is. Go take a look and see for yourself! (It’s sold out now, but it was forty dollars. 4-0.)

A tulle skirt is definitely on the girly side. And even for me (an overly girly dresser at times), this skirt needed to be paired with something a bit more androgynous on top. Meet my new bejeweled chambray shirt. Ya know, because I really needed another one. #rollyoureyes

J.Crew Chambray Shirt | L.Mae Boutique Tulle Skirt c/o (sold out, similar here) | Zara Heels (similar here & here) | La Mer Watch (more here) | Capwell + Co. Bracelet & Ring

Photos: Lydia Hudgens

38 Comments

1. 10.10.13
    Julia commented:

awwww I looove your skirt!! I’ve been even wanting a tulle skirt like yours since ages 🙂
    And I really like how you combined it with a denim shirt – looks amazing 🙂

xo, Julia (daysfullofglitter)

2. 10.10.13
    stephanie commented:

love that embellished shirt!
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.com)

3. 10.10.13
    Lauren commented:

I have been searching for a tulle skirt for what feels like forever. I even purchased one online that I ended up hating. I just might have to look into this one! It is so lovely, and I like that it’s not overly-voluminous.

4. 10.10.13

Super cute! I love a good tulle skirt. Change chambray for grey cotton and we’ve basically styled the same outfit 🙂 http://goo.gl/lUeabt

5. 10.10.13
    Sarah commented:

Love love love this skirt! What a great find!

The Purse Snatcher

6. 10.10.13
    Rachelle commented:

That skirt is so pretty and affordable too.

7. 10.10.13
    Kimberly commented:

LOVE it – this outfit is so totally you! Perfect mix of girly & tomboy 🙂

8. 10.10.13
    Sarah commented:

Love it!

9. 10.10.13
    Sam commented:

I picked up a black tulle skirt a while ago, and I keep putting it on, but I just don’t love it with anything. Definitely checking out this gorgeous number!

Sam

10. 10.10.13

I am loving these tulle skirts but I haven’t figured out how to make it work for me yet. Yours looks perfect!

11. 10.10.13
    Catherine commented:

I’ve been searching for an affordable one too? Did it fit true to size? They only have three size options, and I’m worried about that…

12. 10.10.13
    Christina Storm commented:

Love this look! So pretty!
    I pinned it! 🙂

The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

13. 10.10.13
    Deanna commented:

Bah! I love both so much! What a steal on that skirt. So very Carrie-like.

xx
    Because I’m Obsessed

14. 10.10.13

wow the skirt is much more beautiful on you (and in your pictures) than on the website! love the look 🙂 x

& Pretty Things

15. 10.10.13
    Rose commented:

You KNOW how I feel about tulle skirts (it’s the ballerina in me, haha). So glad you found one you love-and those shoes were a good choice 🙂

16. 10.10.13
    Meagan commented:

Totally in love with that skirt! Your whole look is effortless!
    -Meg

17. 10.10.13
    Chelsea commented:

I love that you’re having a Carrie Bradshaw moment Jessica! That beaded chambray is my favorite and the tulle skirt is so adorable.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

18. 10.10.13
    Heidi commented:

oh my word. I want this outfit. There, I said it. It’s far too light and fluffly for my all-black wardrobe, but it would be nice to mix it up a bit from time to time!

19. 10.10.13
    Libby Glaser commented:

LOVE the skirt! I’ve been looking for a similar one. Now I know where to go! 🙂

Libby

20. 10.10.13
    Rebecca commented:

My post today was partly about this too! I need to finds skirt like this!!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

21. 10.10.13
    Olivia commented:

I’ve been back and forth on the bejeweled chambray, but now I’m officially sold! The price of that skirt is unbeatable. I mean, you pretty much have to get it at that price!

22. 10.10.13
    Jacy commented:

You look SO pretty and I’m obsessed with this outfit! Perfectly styled 🙂

~Jacy

23. 10.10.13
    Kristin Waldman commented:

Love this skirt and how you paired it with chambray!

24. 10.10.13
    Code Overdressed commented:

Gorgeous! That skirt is so elegant, and so are the shoes, cobalt contrasts so fabulous against black!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

25. 10.10.13
    Code Overdressed commented:

Lovely in this modern day ballerina look, the shirt is so pretty while the skirt is so feminine and darling!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

26. 10.10.13

You look way too adorable dear! I’m really into the same crazy search for the perfect ballerina midi skirt, and I totally agree that it’s a hard finding! And you really put it so perfectly together!

27. 10.10.13

SO cute! I LOVE ballerina skirts and this one is fantastic-it’s subtle and doesn’t look at all costume-y. I have the same shirt but haven’t worn it yet-I’m excited to now, you’ve inspired me 🙂

28. 10.10.13
    Courtney commented:

Wow I love it!! The store unfortunately only has largest not 🙁 lol I will have to find a skirt similar somehow! Do you think it would look nice with a dark chambray?

29. 10.10.13
    Kodi commented:

I love tulle skirts too! I got myself an affordable one by buying materials and heading to my grandma’s house. I tried to learn how to sew, but mostly I stared in awe while she worked. So wish I knew how though!
    -Kodi
    grey et al

30. 10.10.13
    Marissa commented:

This skirt is SO you! Love love it + I can’t believe that amazing price tag. xo

31. 10.11.13
    Stacey commented:

Love this outfit! I have a very similar skirt I got form H&M a couple of years ago and I love pairing it with chambray!

xoxo
    Stacey

Five Minute Style

32. 10.11.13
    Jess commented:

this skirt looks amazing on you, and I hope it will be the same for me cause I bought it immediately once I saw the amazing price!!
    Jess
    Jess Cause Blog

33. 10.11.13
    dollbaby1 commented:

Absolutely gorgeous on you, Jessica! What a find!

34. 10.12.13
    Lara Sophia commented:

you look so pretty! not everyone could wear that outfit but you pull it off so well! the skirt is so carrie bradshaw 🙂

chicandsequined.com

35. 10.14.13
    Katie commented:

Ever since the anthropoligie tulle skirt last holiday, I’ve been wanting a more affordable option. This is so cute, and the price point is perfect! What a find.
    XO