Happy Friday! Today kind of feels like a bonus day, as I was certain that yesterday was Friday. While the first half of the week started off with crappy weather here in Chicago, the second half has been absolutely GORGEOUS! My spirits have been as high as can be… It’s felt so, so, SO good to be home this week! I’ve been getting back into my work groove and getting back on the workout wagon, too.
It’s truly been the tiniest things that have been making my heart happy this week… I figured I’d share a little made-me-smile list to hopefully inspire you to do the same this weekend!
– An impromptu lunch break walk on the river with one of my besties
– A killer playlist in spin class Tuesday
– The Sweetgreen employee making me one amazing salad for lunch earlier this week. Sometimes it’s just extra good, you know?!
– Multiple quick trips to the beach, my favorite place to take a little timeout during the work week. I’m so grateful it’s a few short blocks from my place!
– Making coffee at home in the morning — the new Nespresso Double Espresso pods are sooo good!
– Walking to yoga in just a tee #NoCoatWeather
– Color-coding and re-organizing my editorial calendar 🙌🏼
– Listening to my favorite Odesza and Kygo songs on repeat
– Brainstorm sessions that make me giddy
– Re-reading my fortune that I got at a temple in Japan
– Upcoming blog partnerships that have me like ❣
– Doing a favor for a new friend
– The “Yacht Rock” playlist on Spotify.. Seriously.
– Group texts that leave me with 100s of messages to laugh through
😀 🙏🏼 ❤
Okay, now here are this week’s finds…
Favorite Podcast of the Week: Candice Kumai on Almost 30 | It’s a long episode, but F*CK — this was one of the best podcasts I’ve listened to in a while. I literally listened to it twice this week and found myself jotting down one-liners that were meaningful, inspirational, and applicable in my own life. A) Candice is such a badass. She speaks with such confidence (#goals) and I love how she’s such a “multi-faceted” rockstar. Again, goals. B) As I’ve mentioned, I love Japan and loved learning more about the culture with Candice’s tidbits. C) I can’t freaking wait to read her book — I literally walked to Barnes & Noble and bought it while I was listening to the podcast.
From there, I then listened to her episode on The Skinny Confidential, too.
I had the pleasure of checking out a new yacht for charter in Chicago last night and it was sooo chic! (See my Instagram stories before they go away tonight!) The team at Anthony Michael Interior Design re-did the H.R.H. Lola at Belmont Harbor and I would seriously live in it… Palm-print wall paper, marble vanities, great bathroom tile, an amazing chandelier, and a striped awning off the back… Yes, please! Staycation, anyone?!
News to Me: Did you know every single Talbots store has a lending library?! Drop off a book and pick up a new one!
These wine gems are genius! How have I never seen these before?! I have so many friends that are always putting ice in their wine… These will make for the perfect gifts.
And this is another one that I’ve been crushing on that’s on sale now, too!
I want literally everything from Loeffler Randall. Ev-er-y-thing.
Crushing hard on this wicker bag.
How cute is this gingham bikini?
J.Crew New Arrivals + 40% off is going to bankrupt me. Oy veyyyyy, how to decide?!
Shocking… A new Clare V bag I’m crushing on.
This dress though… All of the heart eyes!
PS: Still listing lots of clothes, bags, and shoes on my Poshmark!