I started making this list last fall when I spent a month in Paris. I put pen to paper in my notebook at a café (Buvette… Yes, the same one as NYC!) and just started listing things out. I got quite a few things down over the course of a few weeks (89), but I never ended up finishing it and publishing it as things turned to crazy town as soon as I got back from that trip.
If you’re not familiar with 101 in 1001, Mackenzie started this concept a few years ago. Essentially, it’s a list of 101 things you’d like to accomplish in 1001 days… Just over 2.75 years! Mackenzie is on her third list, you can see it here! You’ll notice I took a lot of inspiration from it, haha. 🙂
It’s cool to look back through that list I made in Paris and see how many things I’ve crossed off already! (Hire some help, go to Coachella, learn Lightroom, start a meditation practice, invest in a piece of art, get a real Christmas tree, etc.) And it’s kind of bizarre to realize just how much can change in a year! There are a number of things on my original list that aren’t really a priority for me or focus of mine anymore, as well as a few things that I won’t be able to do as originally planned.
I’ve been re-visiting and updating this list over the last few weeks and finally have a full list I’m excited about! Here it goes…
…Just three weeks before my 31st birthday. 😳 (Hard pill to swallow/type…)
Travel (0/19) (See more details on my Travel Bucket List!)
- Renew my passport
- Yacht Week
- South of France
- Go on a fall foliage trip… Vermont, maybe?
- Canada – I’ve never been. Montreal and Quebec City are on my list!
- Japan in the Spring
- Go back to Italy
- Explore more of the UK + Scotland
- San Francisco (I’ve only spent about 24 hours there…)
- Visit Caneel Bay once it reopens!
- Cape Cod
- Another girls trip to Vegas
- Coachella again – ticket has been purchased!
Blog & Business (0/12)
- Operation: Inbox Zero. Email is, admittedly, my biggest downfall as a business owner. I need to figure out how to conquer the beast once and for all.
- Launch something new. Not sure what exactly this one looks like yet, but I have a few ideas swirling around. 😁
- Organize my hard drives
- Organize my Dropbox folders
- Clear out my camera roll on my phone and organize the photos (needs to happen immediately…)
- Launch blog revamp
- Redesign my Travel Guide page
- Launch series with Hallie that we’ve been talking about for years
- Finally get into Freshbooks instead of doing everything manually (I’m my own worst enemy, I swear.)
- Do a TV segment
- Film a hair tutorial
- Film my makeup routine
- Live in Europe (I’d say 3 months or more counts…?)
- Become fluent in French (or at least start taking class again regularly!)
- Finally get Griffin (obviously not forcing it if the timing still isn’t right…)
- Join a volunteer program… I’ve been looking into Big Brothers Big Sisters, but would love if you have any other suggestions in Chicago!
- Find a charity to get involved with, too.
- Take up horseback riding again (!!)
- Go on some sort of a wellness retreat
- Laser Hair Removal… I’m two sessions in, but want to do my legs, too.
- Try acupuncture.
- Do allergy testing.
- Hire a personal trainer.
- Try cryotherapy
- Try an infrared sauna
- *Honestly* feel 100% confident in a bikini.
- Plan an epic 31st birthday party. This will be my “golden birthday” and it seems so much more unique than a 30th birthday celebration. Plus, something to look forward to if I’m being weird about turning another year older. (I never used to be weird about getting older, but something about pushing 30 and still feeling like a teenager is slightly terrifying.)
- Find a dentist in Chicago
- Find a new doctor in Chicago
- Find a hair salon in Chicago (Oh, the money I would save…)
- Get a gate analysis and expertly fitted for new running shoes. (And subsequently find out if running is ever in my future again… Fingers crossed.)
- Print and frame at least one of my own travel photos
- Finish the gallery wall in my living room and get the room photographed
- Do something with my bathroom and publish it on the blog
- Get my desk area organized once and for all
- Get a storage unit once one opens up in my building
Just for Fun (0/14)
- Get a lemon tree
- Go bowling
- Play mini golf
- Take a tennis lesson
- Take golf lessons… Haven’t touched my old clubs for at least a decade, pretty sure my parents have gotten rid of them by now.
- Go ice skating
- Go to a show at Second City
- Go to another comedy show in New York
- Send 5 “just because” gifts
- Leave a 100% tip for great service
- Buy a table of strangers dinner anonymously
- Learn how to cook a turkey
- Ride on the back of a Vespa in Paris
- Take another surf lesson
- Re-read the Harry Potter series
- Go skiing again… It’s been a few years now!
- Read 20 books. (Excluding HP)
- Treat myself to a full spa day… Massage, facial, the works.
- Take a Tracy Anderson class
- Take Hollyn (my niece) on a girls trip.
- Find my ‘daybooks’ we had to keep in AP English Senior Year of HS
- Learn how to drive a stick again (haven’t tried since I learned when I was 15…)
- Get rid of 100 things
- Learn how to tie a tie
Confidential, Financial, or Extra Personal (0/22)
I’ve got these on a list of my own!
What’s on your list of things to accomplish in the next just-about-three years?!