Man oh man, this week felt like it was months long! TGIF. After a good friend’s birthday party on Saturday night, I headed home to see my family on Sunday morning. I actually stayed a few days longer than I had planned because it felt so nice to be out of the city for a little bit. I always say how I could never live in such a small town like where I grew up, and while that’s definitely still true, this was the first time in a long time where I truly appreciated the slower pace and simpler lifestyle. When I got back to Chicago on Tuesday night, I had to hit the ground running for various work projects… This week consisted of lots of coffee and very little sleep. I’m so ready for the weekend! I’m actually headed out of the country on Monday morning (for work, but it will still be fun!) so I have a fairly long to-do list over the next two days, but hopefully I can find a bit of a balance. Hope you’ve got fun plans! Here are this week’s finds…
1. Over the moon for Liz & Dave!
3. I stayed at Lauren’s last weekend in NYC and I’m so, so in love with her apartment! And HER BEDROOM, too. Omg I love it, it looks even better in person. The navy paint is to die for. PS: Do those navy lamps look familiar from my old apartment? I passed them on to her when I moved to Chicago! (And then I bought them in cream for my bedroom!)
4. This NYMag article really freaked me out, to be totally honest. We all have friends that are so different on social media than they are in real life… Some irk me more than others, but I personally don’t let it carry a lot of weight. I guess I was surprised by the stories of relationships and friendships actually ending because of someone’s perceived personality on Instagram. 😳 Maybe it’s because of what I do for a living, but I kind of brush off Instagram… It’s glaringly obvious to me that it’s not reality all the time. Most of the time, if we’re being honest. While I was reading, I kept thinking, “I hope to God my friends don’t feel this way about me.” It’s terrifying to think about. While I try to keep it real more often than not (especially here on the blog), there’s a reason that my Instagram handle is not my name…. It’s @bowsandsequins, it’s not a personal account. Bows & Sequins is my blog, which is a big part of my life and my life is a big part of this blog, but it’s important to remember that they are two separate entities at the end of the day. So, uh, friends, please don’t judge me?! 😬
5. Obviously I’m nowhere near married, but I always enjoy reading about how couples navigate life together. Loved this post on Carrie Bradshaw Lied.
7. Banana Repbulic is crushing it right now!
8. Obsessed with every color of this leather handbag… And it’s under $150!
10. So obsessed with this top! Navy gingham and a giant bow… Perfect for Lollapalooza this summer. 💙
11. This navy gingham dress is a summer must-have, too!
12. How adorable is Mackenzie in this white bow-sleeved dress?!
13. This pink gingham ruffled bikini is too cute.
14. A pink wicker clutch… Enough said.
15. If you exercise and you’re not foam rolling, you should be! (Take it from the girl that couldn’t work out for five months… 🙋🏼)
16. Still lusting after this pom-pom hat!
17. Love Alicia’s take on disconnecting + the vacay state of mind.
20. How cute is this red skort?!
21. I’ve never had Portillo’s Lemon Cake, but it sounds good AF! Marking my calendar for 6/13.
22. This straw bag is pretty much perfect!
23. How fun is this rose doughnut?!
That’s it from me! Have a great weekend! xo
Wait, one last thing… I’m so bummed I’ll be out of town and missing my friend Jordan’s event in Chicago this week. Packed Party is celebrating their Paper Source launch at the Lincoln Park store and it’s sure to be a good time! Invite is below… It’s open to everyone, so grab a friend and stop by on Wednesday!