It’s been a rainy few days in Chicago so this photo only seemed fitting. I snapped it on my iPhone quite a few years ago from the back of a taxi on a drizzly day in NYC. Oh, the memories!
Blame it on Monday being a holiday, but this week absolutely FLEW by. I can’t believe it’s already Friday! As much as I’m ready for the weekend, I wish I had a few more days to get things done, you know? This week was a whirlwind in a lot of ways… I feel like I had a few days were the ideas would not stop coming, which I definitely cannot complain about! I scribbled through countless pages in my notebook with thoughts, future plans to put in place, posts to write about and things to shoot for the blog, etc. Great news! But on the flip side, I felt so scattered every day that I didn’t actually complete that much. Lots of fun things in motion, though.
Remember how I took my first trip to Asia in November?! I’ve been working on all of that content over the last few weeks and it start going live this coming week… Outfits, travel guides, videos, the works! I can’t wait to share the trip with you! (And yes, Iceland is finally coming, too. I promise.)
- Speaking of Japan, these photos of Kyoto in the snow on Town & Country are STUNNING! I was there when it was peak leaf changing season… The colors were insanely beautiful, but seeing the trees blanketed in white snow is just as pretty.
- As I’ve been browsing around looking at new arrivals at my favorite retailers, I can’t help but notice a trend… There are so many fun spins on the classic button-front shirt! Here are some of my favorites…
- As I’ve previously mentioned, I absolutely love using this Five Minute Journal everyday. (It’s been, dare I say, life-changing for me to truly focus on my intentions each morning!) I recently had an evening where I was thumbing back through pages from a year ago, going down memory lane. When I came across this post from Maxie, I knew I had to share it. I love her quote, “Reflection is the key that will open future doors.”
- Alright, having a little Maxie lovefest over here. Please read this post, too… Protect Your Magic. When are you writing a book, girlfriend?!
- Beyond honored to be on this list of stylish ladies in Chicago! Thanks so much, Kaitlin!
- And now on to the next love fest… I know I mentioned Inscape last week, but my friend Meghan has been going and just did a post on it. I’m even more excited to try it out when I go to New York next! (Like, I want to book a trip just so I can go.) I have very anxious tendencies and I know meditation is something that will be good for me, I just feel like I haven’t been able to get the hang of it. Any tips or tricks?!
- Another post from Meghan: Pieces of Paris in NYC. My New York list keeps growing and growing!
- There are a few pieces left in Tuckernuck’s Vintage Ski Collection… How crazy cool are these ski jackets and onesies?!
- I bought this phone case a few days ago… Obsessed! Comes in every phone size and a portable charger, too. Should be coming in the mail today… I’ll post on Instagram if it does!
- Kale Caesar salads are my absolute FAVORITE. I can’t wait to try Julia’s healthy recipe!
- I read and re-read and re-read this. (I have it saved in my tabs for when I need a little kick in the butt!) 13 Things You Need To Give Up To Be Successful
- Speaking of kick in the butt… You know how sometimes you just can’t shake a bad mood? I’ll admit, I had one of those days yesterday. I’ve had a lot of shit on my plate recently and I’ve been (somewhat shockingly) optimistic and chipper almost daily… Not letting the heavy stuff get me down, fighting the stress with fitness, finding the silver linings… all of the things you’re ‘supposed’ to do. I’ve been doing pretty well, if I do say so myself! I don’t know what happened yesterday… I couldn’t shake the bad vibes! I had a good morning, but things started going south around lunchtime. With a lot of tough things happening on the peripheral, I let a bunch of little things seem way bigger than they were… I let my stress and sense of overwhelm get the best of me and I completely lost my focus and positive momentum. And then I got pissed at myself for allowing myself be in a bad mood, and it was just a vicious downward spiral. Do you know what I mean? I really hope you know of the days I’m referring to so you don’t think I’m batshit crazy. Anyway… I was catching up on Carly’s blog last night and found this post from Maxie that was so fitting. (Yes, this would be a third piece written by Maxie on this list. 😂) But sometimes bad days just happen, you know? Last night I forgave myself for having a sucky attitude, caught up with a friend I don’t get to chat with nearly enough, took a bath, read a book, and even let myself cry for a few minutes. I let myself have some time to deal and went to bed with high hopes for Friday… Today is a fresh start and a completely new day. 🙏🏼 Transitioning back to much more pretty and peppy things…
- O.M.G. How stunning are these photos of Blair in a few wedding dress options?! Unreal.
- Lusting over these pink sunglasses!
- Cute doormats are a weakness of mine. Love these 15 that Mackenzie picked out!
- Obsessed with both of these straw bags for spring and summer!
- Stalking these boots until a size 9 comes available in black. Send me a note if you find them anywhere else!
- Also, the ‘saddest’ of stories… (But my bank account will be quite pleased!) I stalked and stalked and stalked these shoes all over the interwebs until my size suddenly became available. I had text alerts set up at Saks (umm, most genius thing ever, by the way!) and literally pulled the car over on Clark Street a few weeks ago and ordered them from my phone when I got the text they were available. I’ve wanted these since the minute I saw them last fall, and even now that I have them, I can’t stop looking at how pretty they are! But I don’t even know how to explain it… I just don’t love them on my feet. Has that ever happened to you?? They run small (my feet are on the wide side) and I just feel like they look so much better on small feet. The pointed toe and the big bow just doesn’t look as flattering on my feet for some reason. I’ve had the box open on my living room floor for about a week and a half now… I try them on every day to see if I miraculously like the way they look on me, but I just don’t. Ugh! But you definitely can’t force it with that kind of price tag… I’m taking them back to Saks today. 🙁
- YOU GUYS! I almost forgot to tell you… I finally bit the bullet and ordered a blender. I was back and forth for literally months on if I should get a Vitamix or a Blendtec. It’s a big investment, you know?! (Hallie and I laughed about how most of our friends are getting married and having babies and we can’t decide on a friggin blender. 😂) I went with a Blendtec and I can’t wait to get it! I’m so excited to start making smoothies at home that have that smoothie-shop consistency I crave. I’ll keep you posted!
Make this weekend a good one, friends! xo