Sweat Sesh

I truly cannot believe that I’m letting you guys see what I look like postSoul Cycle, but here it is. No makeup, no shower, sweaty hair (hence the hat), and sweaty clothes, too. How pleasant. πŸ™‚

Over the last year, working out has become my “me time.” And as we’re heading into 2014 (How the f*ck is it mid-January already?), I’ve been putting an even bigger emphasis on staying fit and eating healthy. I know I’m definitely drinking the Soul Cycle kool-aid, but hear me out — Soul Cycle has honestly changed my entire thought process about working out. I now view my workouts, whether they are at Soul Cycle or not, as the only part of my day where I can zone out, listen to music, and truly unplug. And I don’t feel guilty about it either. It’s a win, win.

I’ve said it so many times, but cute workout clothes and shoes can be great for that little extra push of motivation. Old Navy has a bunch of cute gearΒ on sale right now, too! My other little gym secret? Take down your ponytail after your workout and toss on a hat and sunglasses. If your hair is sopping wet, blast your roots with the blowdryer for a minute. Errands, brunch, you name it… It’s all possible if you have a hat on. Trust me, I did it both days last weekend. πŸ˜‰

Old Navy 1/4 Zip & Tank Top c/o | Lululemon Crops | Nike Sneakers | Kate Spade iPhone Case | Baseball Hat | Loft Aviators (similar)

Photos taken by Hallie Wilson

This post is sponsored by Old Navy. Check out Old Navy’s latest fashion lineup in store or online at oldnavy.com.

14 Comments

1. 1.15.14
    Ashleigh commented:

Love that pink zip up! Definitely brightens up a workout!
    ~Ashleigh {Dazzle by Day}

2. 1.16.14
    Code Overdressed commented:

You look so cute even in your sweats! You are a pretty girl no matter what! I need to get myself into that kind of state of mind, I eat so healthy but I don’t work out at all, you are a great motivation, that “me time” sounds awesome!

Cee. β™₯
    Code Overdressed

3. 1.16.14
    Danielle commented:

Looking great, Jess! Workout clothes are my weekend uniform… sometimes I worry someone may recognize me from my blog and wonder why I’m not in heels and a bright lipstick… oh well!

xo,
    Danielle

4. 1.16.14
    Violet commented:

You still look so glam after a workout!
    Cute clothes or not I always look like a tomato face after exercise! Ah well it’s all about the endorphins.

5. 1.16.14
    Alyssa Haddad commented:

I actually have the purple version of this sweatshirt and wore it to my workout this morning πŸ™‚ I know this is an advertisement, but I actually really like Old Navy’s workout gear, and I often pair it with Lululemon-you can’t really tell the difference! Glad you highlighted a “high-low” price range look for workout gear πŸ™‚

6. 1.16.14

I just picked up that pink zip up over the weekend while they were having 40% of their active! So cute!

7. 1.16.14
    Kristi commented:

Love that pink on you! Definitely your color – so cute!
    xx,
    Kristi

8. 1.16.14
    Your Blog Wife commented:

What’s SoulCycle? I’m going to look into it and we should really start talking about it in-person!

PS: Love you in a hat!

• 1.16.14
      Jessica Sturdy commented:

Actually LOLing.

9. 1.16.14
    Zelle commented:

I agree! I’m finally seeing my workouts as “me” time — and as a way to get to a better and healthier me.
    Loving those workout clothes!
    xo A Southern Style

10. 1.18.14
    Katie Albury commented:

This is really cute! I still need to get my motivation on…I thought buying new sports bras would do the trick but now I think I need a whole new workout wardrobe to get me in the swing of things! Ha!

Katie x

11. 1.18.14
    AJ commented:

There is NO way I could look that good after the gym. But an ON pullover helps cover up a sweaty top!

-AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

12. 1.25.14
    Kelsey commented:

I loveee Soul Cycle, too! But it’s so expensive so I tried a spinning class at Crunch this morning and loved it – it was really similar!

xx Kelsey – tortoiseinthesun.com

13. 7.17.14
    Issac commented:

Since the sunrooms for you, spreading the good name.
    Will he be there should be looking to hire. A change in the office, they expect to be produced see later notes on your
    own, so whatever number you are getting than chances
    are the perfect contractor for your cleaner.