Eeks! I am thrilled that my favorite season has finally arrived. I’m so excited to experience the fall in my new city! I’ll be sure to post about my favorite autumn activities along the way, but I am looking forward to pumpkin everything, pretty scenery, layering, and crisp air!
In order to make sure I get everything done, I figured I would share my list of FALL FOR-SURES with you!
1. Pumpkin Cupcake Crawl. Yup, totally serious. Not all in one day, OBVIOUSLY, but I want to try all of the best cupcakes in NYC in the best flavor and then cast my vote! Molly’s, Sprinkles, Georgetown, Magnolia. Any others I should add?
2. Oktoberfest. What can I say? I can’t resist a festival with good beer. Especially in the fall because of the liquid blanket!
3. Football Game. I can’t believe this is actually on my “list.” Normally, I attend most, if not all, Illini football games, a few high school football games, and maybe even a Bears game. Now that I’m on the east coast and 1,000 miles from my teams, hopefully I can attend some sort of football game out here! I won’t make it back to my alma mater for Homecoming, but maybe I should look in to going back in November for an Illini game… Hmmm…
4. Pumpkin Patch. They still have those in New York, right?? Please tell me it’s not a midwest thing. I miss Curtis Orchard already!
5. Apple Picking. Which obviously isn’t complete without apple cider, caramel apples, and apple cider donuts! Did I mention how much I miss Curtis Orchard? Fortunately, I am heading to Connecticut to visit Marissa with Erika and a few more girls in a few weeks to go apple picking and do fun fall things!
6. Central Park. Wander through the park a few times this fall to take in the changing of the leaves!
7. Travel. I think I’ve got this one covered so far… I’m visiting Chicago for a weekend in October, heading to DC to visit my aunt over Thanksgiving, and also heading to Connecticut in October. Maybe a weekend trip to Boston? I’d also love to visit Vermont or Maine. So many options, too few weekends!
8. Explore. Now that the temperatures have cooled off a bit, I need to WANDER! I was able to explore the UES last weekend, but I would love to make my way through the UWS and Brooklyn, too! Maybe even pay a visit to Hoboken. I also want to make sure I take a long walk up and down the Hudson and the East River.
9. Bryant Park. Bryant Park has been one of my favorite spots since the first time I visited NYC, but I’ve yet to go since I moved here. I would love to go and spend some time with a good book! Comfy cozy sweater, boots, and a pumpkin spice latte, of course! I also need to remember to hit up their holiday shops, just like I did on my very first trip to the city.
10. Pumpkin EVERYTHING. Have I mentioned how much I love pumpkin? Definitely a taste inherited from my father. Pumpkin-colored clothing, pumpkin pie, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin bread pudding, pumpkin carving, pumpkin decorating (like this), pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin butter, pumpkin-scented candles and soap… Okay, I’m going to stop before I sound too much like Bubba Gump.
And finally, some of my favorite autumn outfits from last fall!